St. Albert the Great Parish

 

St Albert the Great is one of the new parishes that was created on the 15th April 2017 by Right Rev. John Alfonsus Ryan. It is located in poor township Mchengautuwa within Mzuzu city. It comprises of seven, three substations, thirtynine established small christian communities.

St Albert the Great parish has around 3 000 parishioners both baptised and catechumens. The majority of the population is engaged in subsistence farming – struggling to cultivate enough food for survival. Some provide cheap labor in the growing city for their daily needs and the rest is made up of civil servants and small scale business men and women.

St Albert, like all other parishes in the Diocese has the following means of earning money: Sunday collection, Tithe and sales from the crops which parishioners give annually. The motto of the Parish is taken from the words of our patron Saint, ‘We are in the Love of Christ”

 

1.      Time for Masses Week Day: 0600 am

Sunday:- English Mass     : 0700 am

Childrens’ Mass : 0800 am

Tumbuka Mass   : 1000 am

2.      Pastoral Workers (Number and Name) Priests:

1.      Fr. Amos Katumbi (Parish Priest)

2.      Fr. Bernard Mzembe      (Curate)

 

Sisters:

1.      Sr. Tiwonge Silumbu (SHR)

2.      Sr. Bernadetta Jere     (SHR)

 

Catechists:

1.      Noah Kamanga

2.      Pius Chirwa

 

3.      Number of Outstations SEVEN
4.      Number of Substations FOUR
5.      Number of Zones 2
6.      Number of Christians 3000
7.      Number of Catechumens

8.      Number of Small Christian Communities

101

39